Sunday, January 1, 2012

a new beginning

With January 1, 2012 upon us, I look back nostalgically on 2011.  It was certainly an eventful year.  For the first time in my life, I experienced the tragic loss of two beloved family members and the pain of unrequited love.  I also had one of the most rewarding summers of my life - stumbling upon a job that I love and having the opportunity to volunteer with children in Colombia.  As I returned to school in the Fall, I officially declared my intent to pursue a dual degree in Economics and Art History, and I earned a curatorial internship at the university art museum.

Today, as I welcome the new year, I have no doubt that 2012 will be as eventful as the last.  In just two weeks, I embark on a four-month adventure to London where I expect to learn more about myself than I could possibly imagine.  I have also applied for a bevy of internships for the summer that may open many doors for my future career.  I will also begin my final year of undergraduate education in the fall.

This blog will document my adventures to London and beyond so that others may accompany me on this journey of self-discovery.  Through my photographs, thoughts, and reflections, I hope that you will learn more about what I think, where I travel, what I eat, and - inevitably - what I will wear.

I hope that your anticipation of 2012 is as fervent as mine.  Let the adventure begin.