Wednesday, January 18, 2012

just touched down in london town

While I will admit that I initially felt anxious about coming to London, I can happily say that, since arriving yesterday morning, I have shunted all fears to the side.  I already know that this is the beginning of one of the most wonderful experiences of my life.  After strolling through the quaint streets of Kensington, touring the shops on High Street, immersing in cafe and pub culture, and taking a whirlwind bus tour through the streets of London, I am confident that I can call this vibrant city my home for the next four months.  Throughout the next few days, I will be busily occupied with orientation activities where I will inevitably learn more about the opportunities that await me this semester in my internship, in travel, and in making possibly lifelong friends.

Now, the only question that remains is when I am going to inform my parents that I am never coming home...

The Gherkins - our champion British Pub Quiz team