Thursday, April 19, 2012

crazy dreams come true

Today is my final day as an intern in London.  For the past few weeks now, I have been asked relentlessly by my colleagues, advisors, and peers what I have learned from this experience.  After giving much thought to this question, I can finally sum up my findings in a few words.

I know that...

I DO NOT want to work in finance or investment

but I DO NOT want to work in the art world either.

I do not want to stare at computer screens all day or be surrounded by close-minded individuals who simply dismiss people who are different as 'weird'. 

I also know that...

I DO want to enjoy going to work every day,

and I DO want to elevate the world from mediocrity to greatness. 

I want to travel, to collaborate with people, and to feel as though I have made a positive impact on the people and the world around me. 

Some people may say that I have returned to 'square one' or wonder where I may possibly go from here.  For me, though, reaching these conclusions is a huge step, and, when I return home in three weeks time, I intend to stop at nothing until I bring these dreams to fruition.